Ladies Who L-earn
Are you a young woman from East London aged 18-24 currently not in work, education or training?
Have you ever wondered if you've got what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
Do you want to go on a learning journey that also gives you real experience of starting up a business?
Read on to find out more about Ladies who L-EARN, a You Make It programme to bring out the entrepreneur in you, and apply for the chance to win a free place on it - we'll even pay your travel expenses! Ladies who L-EARN will give you:
- Awareness of and confidence in your selling points to help you find your path in business or employment
- Insight into what it is to be an entrepreneur through guest speaker sessions in which those who have made tell their stories of how
- Understanding about the different kinds of businesses that people can choose to run?
- Skills and knowledge that are needed to turn an idea into a real business through facilitated workshops
- A mentor who'll use their experiences and networks to guide you during and after the programme
- Hands on experience to set up and run a market stall selling products sourced through Cockpit Arts
The closing date for all completed applications is Friday 27 May
Applicants short-listed for interview will be notified by close of play on Friday 3 June
Interviews will take place on Friday 10 June and Monday 13 June
Offers of places will be made by close of play Monday 20 June
If you're awarded a place you'll commit to taking part in Friday group-learning sessions from 11am - 2pm at Rich Mix for twelve weeks from this summer 2011. Across one weekend you'll need to be available to deliver the market stalls business project.