ARE YOU … A GRADUATE or UNDERGRADUATELIVING IN TOWER HAMLETS or HACKNEY?
INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN THE CITY?
WANT TO KNOW MOREABOUT THE SKILLS EXPECTED OF YOU?
Then register for a place on the...
DATES: 13.4.11 – 11.5.11
TIME: Every Wednesday 4pm – 6pm
One of the world's leading specialist investment, banking and financial services company’s is offering local graduates and undergraduates the opportunity to learn and acquire KEY EMPLOYABILITY SKLLS at their offices in Moorgate.
Over FIVE workshops, delivered by real graduate recruiters, participants gain the chance to:
¨ LEARN what city recruiters expect to see/hear at interview stage from graduates
¨ DEVELOP key skills such as communication, team working and time management
¨ NETWORK with useful contacts that can help you jump-start your career!
SPACES ARE LIMITED! SO REGISTER NOW!
BUSINESS CLUB: MODULES
1. Communication & interpersonal skills
Understanding the importance of the ability to communicate, formally and informally, verbally and in written form, with a wide range of people both internal and external to the organisation; the importance of the ability to relate to, and feel comfortable with, people at all levels and to be able to make and maintain relationships as circumstances change.
- Ability to write reports
- Good listening skills
- Communicating effectively verbally, in context
- Networking skills
- Customer facing skills
2. Handling workloads and self regulatory skills.
Self-discipline, time-keeping, the ability to deal with stress, to plan and prioritise your workload and to ‘juggle’ several tasks at once.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise workload
- Flexible thinking
- Good use of initiative
3. Knowledge & information handling
Covering; acquiring and displaying an understanding of the ‘basic principles’ of a sector rather than large stocks of specialist knowledge; flexibility and adaptability - the ability to respond to change, to pre-empt change and ultimately to lead change.
- Seeking, handling and interpreting information
- Synthesising and summarising information, both in writing and when presenting to a group
4. Intellectual & analytical skills
Covering: The ability to analyse, critique and synthesise information in order to solve problems. What are ‘expected intellect’ and ‘useful intellect’.
- High-level analytical skills
- Thinking critically, and producing solutions
5. Next Step
Covering: Applying for and securing employment and/or summer sandwich placements including using agencies, schemes available, timescales and application processes, employer expectations and interview skills & tips for success.
- Career awareness and planning
- Awareness of the labour markets and relevant employers
- Development of job search strategies
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO BOOK A PLACE
Call Dean Robinson on 0207 068 6960 or email email@example.com